Solved

Trains through multiple countries?

• 28 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello!

I am new here, and I want to plan a trip from Amsterdam to Athens. You can use a pass for a whole day of travel, but is this from point A to point B, or for 24 hours? And if it is only for 24 hours, and you want to travel 2 days in a row, may I assume that is possible?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by seewulf 28 December 2021, 12:06

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

A travel day is valid from 0:00 until 23:59. Only if you enter a train before midnight and do not change to another train, you don't need a new travel day. And of course you can use two (or more) travel days in a row.

Be warned though that there are currently no international trains from/to Greece and nobody knows when there will be again. Maybe in summer from Sofia…

The most comfortable way to get to Greece is currently to use a ferry from Italy.

Ahh okay thanks! I was wondering why I couldn't get a route with the interrail planner haha! I want to go by land, but I might look at the ferry, thanks for the tip! I am planning to do the trip this summer, or maybe next year, depends on the state of everything

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

a travelday is from 00.00 till 23.59 :)

The Nighttrain rule (most important for Flexipass users) means that if you board a train before 23.59 you can even write on this train in to the next day 🙂 Crazy example is to catch the Euronight from Vienna 19.42 to Bucharest arrival at 16.00 the next day :)

There are two major kind of passes :)

Continouspasses means everyday within the validity time is a travelday (you can ride on any day) 🙂 From just 7days up to 3 months

Flexipasses you have a specific amount of travelday´s within the validity period 🙂 From 4days within a month up to 15days in 2 Months :)

Amsterdam Athens is pretty long and currently just possible by Rail & Ferry from Italy as currently no International train reach Greece 😕 (There used to be before 2020 direct connections from Bucharest - Sofia or Belgrad - Skopje to Thessaloniki )

You will need atleast 2 Traveldays
3 traveldays are better