Solved

travel from Budapest to Bar

• 23 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Hey

My girlfriend and I are going on a train adventure in November and are planning on going from Budapest to Bar in Montenegro but are struggling in finding a route. Does someone now a good route? We think to stop in Split or Beograd.

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 23 October 2023, 00:23

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Both routes will have to include a bus at some point.

Budapest - Zagreb - Split can be done by train but there's no railway further along the coast. In November I assume that the weather is better along the coast :)

The railway from Budapest to Belgrade is closed for works for a few years. It is possible to take a bus/hitchhike for a short distance but in the end it's much easier to take a direct bus between the two.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Both routes will have to include a bus at some point.

Budapest - Zagreb - Split can be done by train but there's no railway further along the coast. In November I assume that the weather is better along the coast :)

The railway from Budapest to Belgrade is closed for works for a few years. It is possible to take a bus/hitchhike for a short distance but in the end it's much easier to take a direct bus between the two.

last year only Kelebia - Szeged was really interrupted. the (replacement) bus took a little bit more than an hour. the shortest line between novi sad and subotica was also interrupted, but there were still direct trains that take a longer route over Bogojevo.

But 1. this was in summer, 2. no clue how the actual state is.