Solved

Travelling and reservation rules in Spain

• 10 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello, I am preparing for my first Interrail trip and I have troubles with reservations… 

I need to make a reservation for a train that goes from Barcelona to Seville, but I can't do it online. I called at Refe and they told me that I can make the reservation 3 days before, but I have to be at the desk in Barcelona 24 hrs before the embarking and pay my reservation… Unfortunately that is impossible because I want to arrive and leave in the same day (I want to reach Portugal).

Moreover, they told me I can use my pass in Spain only One time. And this is not cool because I need to also get back through Spain…

Did somebody have this experience of going through Spain? Is it true what Renfe told me?

Is there any possibility of making and paying my reservation- from another country maybe? 

icon

Best answer by BrendanDB 10 August 2023, 10:28

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Some Spanish trains can be booked by the Interrail reservation system.

For all other options see this page below (e.g. you can book Spanish trains in Germany, when you know the exact date and train number).

As you’re not Spanish, you can use your pass in Spain (and any other country except your home country) as much as you want for as many trains as you’lld like during the validity of your pass.

Thank you! I will try to make the reservation in Germany then. Hope these applies also to this year. It is strange that the lady from Renfe told me there are no other solutions though :/ also that I am allowed to travel in Spain only once. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

The Interrail rules are not always known to some staff, as it’s quite specific knowledge. Sometimes staff is wrong, or even unaware about all the possibilities with interrail.

As far as any of us know on this forum, there are no limitations on the use of the pass in Spain :)

Thanks a lot! 🌴 (I was very stressed 😅)