Solved

Travelling van Belgrade to Sofia - current state of connection

• 2 July 2022
  • 1 reply

We are planning to travel van Bar to Belgrade to Sofia to Istanbul around the half/end of July, but are trying to figure out the Belgrade - Sofia leg of the Journey. I came across some mentions here (including the site of the man in seat 61) stating that traffic between Belgrade and Sofia is still suspended.

However, if I have a look at several sites (Serbian railways, rome2rio, railcc, etc.) I'm given an option from Belgrade to Nis, (after a long stopover) Nis to Dimitrovgrad and Dimitrovgrad to Sofia.

Does anyone know what the current status of this connection is, where I might be able to check it, and if there are other possibities in case the service is not availble?

Thank you for your help

icon

Best answer by seewulf 2 July 2022, 20:11

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

There are currently no direct trains from Belgrade to Sofia and yes the connection with changes even doesn´t worked for me :/

Belgrade only direct International connection is the train to Bar :/ Belgrade - Budapest can be done with several changes and a short Bus replacement on the route takes even 1 or 2 days :/

Sofia - Istanbul just started it´s daily service few weeks ago after a long Covid break