Solved

Trouble making reservation - not enough in advance?

• 21 June 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I am planning to travel to Turkey from France in the beginning of July for a wedding. This is my first experience with Eurail so please bear with me if I am slow understanding things..

Right now I am having problems making a reservation for a train (2 adults) from Budapest to Bucarest, where I cannot proceed to checkout because it’s too short-noticed for the tickets to be sent.

The earliest I can book would be 15th of august and I would receive the tickets on August 5th, (and they ask 9€ for shipment).

Obviously this is not an option for me, and I thought by making reservations 3 weeks in advance I would be over-safe, even with the 5 business days delay that’s been warned about elsewhere on the website :(

How is this possible? Can anyone give me advice on how to book this ticket?

Also as this is only part of the whole trip, I hope I won’t be having problems of this type for all reservations.

Thanks a lot in advance.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 21 June 2022, 01:33

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Are you passing through Germany or Austria on your way to Budapest? If so, then you can order by phone via DB (English line: 49 30 311682904) or ÖBB (+43 5 1717) and pick up your reservation there.

DB can also send reservations via the post for €5.90 per order.

Hello !

Thank you for your answer which proved super useful. We were able to book reservations by calling DB’s english line. Reservation was quick and easy, they sent the reservation to my inbox right away with no extra charge. What can I say, the situation de escalated so quickly from 100% pain to 100% easy… Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

We were able to book reservations by calling DB’s english line. Reservation was quick and easy, they sent the reservation to my inbox right away with no extra charge.

That is new and very interesting! I know DB are changing to digital tickets but I didn't know it was already possible for them to send (some?) reservations via e-mail.

@seewulf do you know which reservations DB can already send via e-mail?