Solved

Two tickets for one train

Hi! I want to go from Brussels to Marseille but I only have to one country pass for France. My plan is to buy a separate ticket from Brussels to Lille (north of France) and then use my interrail pass to book the rest of the train to Marseille. This whole journey is on the same train, the TGV. My question is wether or not is is possible to do this. Is this the type of train where you have to check in or something in the station? Would I have to leave the train and then get back on it with the new ticket or just change seats at the most?

If someone knows this, please tell me! I am very grateful!!

Thanks so much 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 16 July 2022, 09:17

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Can do, will cost, no advance checks on this.

Very often a 2nd set is added in Lille-so there is the chance you have to move from set 1 to 2. Maybe beter to have NMBS do it for you at one station where they offer INTernat.

OR -depending on where you start in the Belgiekske-use normal trians via Kortrijk or Doornik to LIlle-then walk to other station-means eariuer depart.

Thanks!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The TGVs from Brussels to France have a separate pass fare for passengers with only a pass for France. Price is the same as for passengers with a pass for the complete journey (20€ 2nd class). Can be booked at NMBS ticket offices with international sales. The main worry is that the pass holder seats in these TGVs are sold out pretty quickly.