Unable to make reservations London to Paris

Hi Everyone,

I have bought Interail global pass, and I can not make any reservations. Every time I click on a train to make a reservation, I get a message that says ‘Not available for some travellers...Some of your travellers passes are not valid on this train’.

I’ve also heard that the interail app is not reliable, as the train times aren’t updated frequently enough.

I want to get a train from London into Paris, and then from Paris to Barcelona.

Can someone give me some advice on what to do?

Thanks,

Davro

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

When are you travelling exactly ?

Eurostar London - Paris can sell out weeks in advance. Check availability here :

https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish

If there's none on your day, check for London - Lille and then a TGV Lille - Paris (10-20€). Doesn't take much longer.

Paris - Barcelona is currently most easily bookable on interrail.eu but let us know your travel dates and we'll check

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

AFAIK "Not available for some travellers” usually means that the pass does not cover the entire journey.

Could you please check whether you've really bought a global pass?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah that could be possible. If you've a One-country pass France l, you need to add Eurostar tickets which might be cheaper than getting a refund and buying a Global Pass.

Let us know.

Paris - Barcelona seat reservation costs 35€ and is valid with both pass anyway (+2€ via interrail). Although the app might suggest otherwise.

AFAIK "Not available for some travellers” usually means that the pass does not cover the entire journey.

Yes, it says ‘Interail Global Pass’. I did buy a country pass by mistake previously, but I’ got a refund for that and bought a global pass. I’ve also uninstalled and reinstalled the app. The only thing listed on the ‘Global Pass’ section is my interail global pass

When are you travelling exactly ?

Eurostar London - Paris can sell out weeks in advance. Check availability here :

https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish

If there's none on your day, check for London - Lille and then a TGV Lille - Paris (10-20€). Doesn't take much longer.

Paris - Barcelona is currently most easily bookable on interrail.eu but let us know your travel dates and we'll check

11 April is the plan. On the website it says ‘No connections matching your requests.’ Presumably that means everything is booked  up?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Yes, it says ‘Interail Global Pass’. I did buy a country pass by mistake previously, but I’ got a refund for that and bought a global pass. I’ve also uninstalled and reinstalled the app. The only thing listed on the ‘Global Pass’ section is my interail global pass

The app and the interrail website reservations portal are managed separately. As it sounds like it is responding as if you only have a 1 country pass it is likely you have not deleted that and added your new global pass to that system.

Go to https://www.interrail.eu/en/login?callbackUrl=/en/my-account/reservation-booking-details/trips-and-travellers.html

The app and the interrail website reservations portal are managed separately. As it sounds like it is responding as if you only have a 1 country pass it is likely you have not deleted that and added your new global pass to that system.

Go to https://www.interrail.eu/en/login?callbackUrl=/en/my-account/reservation-booking-details/trips-and-travellers.html

Where do you delete passes online? 

If I go to ‘My interail account’ > Pass Details’ The only relevant option seems to be to click on ‘Order Overview’. I can see previous passes I’ve ordered there, but there is no option to delete a pass.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

If I go to ‘My interail account’ > Pass Details’ The only relevant option seems to be to click on ‘Order Overview’. I can see previous passes I’ve ordered there, but there is no option to delete a pass.

That is not the correct section, it is a sub menu of the reservations section, you need to use the link I provided.

That is not the correct section, it is a sub menu of the reservations section, you need to use the link I provided.

That link takes me to a ‘Trips and Travellers’ section. I can see a trip I have made there, but the trip is linked to a global pass

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

There should be a tab for upcoming trips, select that.

I assume at this point you have already used the link already given for the b-europe site as this is the best place to search and buy Eurostar reservations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Eurostar is full indeed (to Lille too) on 11.04 but you could take a P&O ferry from Dover (departure at 13:40) and still make it to Paris that day.