Solved

Unable to make seat reservation from Paris to Zurich

• 9 May 2023
  • 3 replies

I have a global pass and was able to make a reservation from London to Paris. For Paris - Zurich (June 10th 7.20 am), though it shows seats are available on the eurail website, when I got to checkout, it says one of the legs is unavailable. I saw another post that said reservations were possible only till Basel, so I tried that as well. In fact, I tried removing one station at a time until it was only Paris - Belfort, but even that didnt work. Any suggestions would be helpful.

thanks,

sri

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 9 May 2023, 22:37

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Book Paris - Mulhouse here https://travel.b-europe.com/Eurail-GE/en/booking-tgv#TravelWish

You will need this

Take unreservable TER Mulhouse - Basel SBB and reservation unnecessary Swiss IC Basel - Zurich.

It will be a bit longer than the direct train but the reservation will be cheaper.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried booking 5 (of 6 total) seats and it let me do it. I then did one separately and that went through too. Not sure if they have a limit of 5 per reservation ? Or they didnt have 6 seats together. I checked the tickets and it looks like the 5 are adjacent and one is separate.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

SNCF have a limit of 5 persons when you book via Interrail/Eurail. Belgian railways seem to able to manage 9 in one order.