Solved

URGENT HELP NEEDED FOR SEAT RESERVATIONS

• 27 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello, I’m Andrea and I’ve been planning an interrail trip for me and 20 other friends. 

Everything was going well, until I tried to book a seat reservation for Paris - Barcelona. 

Impossible. In any way, and no one is helping me by phone, not the SNFC nor Interrail Customer Service. 

We’ve a ton of stuff booked for Barcelona and it would be really bad if we had to cancel it all. 

Please if someone can help me out, any way we can get from Paris to Barcelona on July 24th. 

icon

Best answer by Angelo 27 June 2022, 13:37

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Did you call SNCF? What did they say?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You are traveling on this route with 20 People?? 

On the TGVs Paris-Barcelona there are only some few seat for Interrail users. And they are realy fast book out. So you are 20 people, this will not work. 

You could take the TGV till Perpignan, from there a TER to the border Port Bou and from there MD regional train to Barcelona. From Perpignan you don’t need a reservation, because it is not possible. Just hop in the train. 

This are some travel options
This is how you would ride with the train from Paris at 8:43.

There is also a Nighttrain from Paris to Cerbere and there you can take the regional trains to Barcelona. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

20 Persons are to big to use Interrail on the Route Paris - Barcelona (the seats are limted and sell out weeks in advance. I recommend to search for a Plan B Route Paris - Perpignan - Cerbere/Portbou - Barcelona. Maybe Splitt the Group in two halfs :/ for the TGV to Perpignan 

You are traveling on this route with 20 People?? 

On the TGVs Paris-Barcelona there are only some few seat for Interrail users. And they are realy fast book out. So you are 20 people, this will not work. 

You could take the TGV till Perpignan, from there a TER to the border Port Bou and from there MD regional train to Barcelona. From Perpignan you don’t need a reservation, because it is not possible. Just hop in the train. 

This are some travel options
This is how you would ride with the train from Paris at 8:43.

There is also a Nighttrain from Paris to Cerbere and there you can take the regional trains to Barcelona. 

Oh thank you so much! This is so helpful!

The only way to book the first ride tho is through travel b europe which requires a Pass Cover Number and we all have a Mobile Pass! Do you happen to know any other way? 
Correct me if I’m wrong, the only leg we’d have to book would be Paris-Perpignan? 

Thank you so much! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The only way to book the first ride tho is through travel b europe which requires a Pass Cover Number and we all have a Mobile Pass! Do you happen to know any other way? 
Correct me if I’m wrong, the only leg we’d have to book would be Paris-Perpignan? 

Yes. You can call SNCF, NMBS/SNCB ("B-Europe”, phone number is rather expensive) or NS to book domestic trains in France. Or book via the B-Europe website, using a pass cover number, with 4€ booking fee per order.

Pass cover numbers can now be generated here.