Solved

What does “additional supplement required “ mean?

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • Full steam ahead
  • 16 replies

Anyone knows what “additional supplement required “ means, how much it costs? Is it something that has a stock like seat reservations or am I fine after booking a reservation for 12 euros.

icon

Best answer by seewulf 5 June 2022, 01:13

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

This train has only optional reservations. The supplement is 10€, you can pay on board of the train or via ÖBB online. You have only to pay for trips in/to/from Italy. Booking at ticket offices of DB in Germany or Trenitalia in Italy you get a Reservation for free on top. (DB online 4€/trip, ÖBB 3€/train)

Userlevel 1
Badge

This train has only optional reservations. The supplement is 10€, you can pay on board of the train or via ÖBB online. You have only to pay for trips in/to/from Italy. Booking at ticket offices of DB in Germany or Trenitalia in Italy you get a Reservation for free on top. (DB online 4€/trip, ÖBB 3€/train)

After paying 12 euros at interrail site, do i then purchase this ? Or do i just purchase this for 3 euros? I am new.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

After paying 12 euros at interrail site, do i then purchase this ? Or do i just purchase this for 3 euros? I am new.

on the Interrailwebsite they sell according my knowledge till yet only the reservation itself that cost usually 3€ :/

The question is what is written on your PDF or Paper you got from Interrail :)

Userlevel 1
Badge

on the Interrailwebsite they sell according my knowledge till yet only the reservation itself that cost usually 3€ :/

The question is what is written on your PDF or Paper you got from Interrail :)

I am not following, can you elaborate ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I just said i doubt that Interrail itself sell the surcharge :/ I never bought it from Interrail online as it was easier for me to get it from a Ticket office or online on oebb.at by useing the Eurail/Interail Discount

I never bought it by myself on Interrail/Eurail but had many Interrailer and Eurailer on these trains that bought their reservations via Eurail/Interrail and finally had just the reservation in their hands that can be bought for 3€ directly on oebb.at :/ or if you comeing from further can be bought for 4€ (2nd Class) or 5,40€1st class via bahn.de And got angry or atleast confused when the Conductor wanna charge the supplement of 10€ in 2nd class or 15€ in 1st class.

I will travel in June Venice - Munich - Berlin and bought my reservation via bahn.de because bahn.de charge per Journey (doesnt matter how many trains) compared to Austrian rail that charge per train 3€ :) Because of that it was cheaper for me to book the reservation via bahn.de.

Finally a summary
Eurocity Munich - Innsbruck - Italy & Railjet Vienna - Villach - Italy
Reservations are optional but highly recommened especially on those to Venice,Bologna,Rimnini

Supplement of 10€ 2nd class & 15€ 1st class is compulsory.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I just said i doubt that Interrail itself sell the surcharge :/ I never bought it from Interrail online as it was easier for me to get it from a Ticket office or online on oebb.at by useing the Eurail/Interail Discount

I never bought it by myself on Interrail/Eurail but had many Interrailer and Eurailer on these trains that bought their reservations via Eurail/Interrail and finally had just the reservation in their hands that can be bought for 3€ directly on oebb.at :/ or if you comeing from further can be bought for 4€ (2nd Class) or 5,40€1st class via bahn.de And got angry or atleast confused when the Conductor wanna charge the supplement of 10€ in 2nd class or 15€ in 1st class.

I will travel in June Venice - Munich - Berlin and bought my reservation via bahn.de because bahn.de charge per Journey (doesnt matter how many trains) compared to Austrian rail that charge per train 3€ :) Because of that it was cheaper for me to book the reservation via bahn.de.

Finally a summary
Eurocity Munich - Innsbruck - Italy & Railjet Vienna - Villach - Italy
Reservations are optional but highly recommened especially on those to Venice,Bologna,Rimnini

Supplement of 10€ 2nd class & 15€ 1st class is compulsory.

Thank you, just booked my reservattion for 3 euros : )

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@ege Please note to buy the 10€ fee before boarding, because they ask to pay more if you pay on board of the train.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@ege Please note to buy the 10€ fee before boarding, because they ask to pay more if you pay on board of the train.

Shall I do this via Interrail app?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

AFAIK the supplement has the same price in the train. @seewulf?

Userlevel 1
Badge

quick update

booked a seat reservation for €3 + €3 6€ total

then bought €10 + €10 for each reserved train. €26 in total!

quick update

booked a seat reservation for €3 + €3 6€ total

then bought €10 + €10 for each reserved train. €26 in total!

I’m asking th same thing. here is my train 

Suggestion on How to proceed? Seat reservation to buy on interrail site or on another site?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If the 12€ per person include the reservation and the supplement, then that's not too bad.

I paid €12 for my reservation (München to Bolzano), and I thought the supplement was included in that, but the interrail info bit says “supplement included” will be printed on the ticket, but it says nothing like that. So I’m wondering if it’s there or not? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Where did you book it ? It is always better to book directly with the train companies to avoid booking fees.

tickets.oebb.at (Austrian Railways) offers the supplement for 10€ + 3€ for the (optional but recommended) seat reservation. cd.cz (Czech Railways) offers supplement + reservation for 10€.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I paid €12 for my reservation (München to Bolzano), and I thought the supplement was included in that, but the interrail info bit says “supplement included” will be printed on the ticket, but it says nothing like that. So I’m wondering if it’s there or not? 

It's probably included because a reservation only would be less than that.

That’s what I thought, but the ither reservation I did through the interrail website was expensive too, so I thought maybe they’re just expensive 😅