Solved

Which QR Code do I use to board: Reservation or app?

• 30 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello, 

I am planning on travelling to several destinations in Europe beginning in February. I purchased a 2 month, 10 day travel pass. I just reserved my seats to go from Milan to Bern, and I received an email providing me with a QR code. 

I have also connected my pass to the Rail Planner app. To my understanding, once I click the button on one of my selected journeys, I will be given another QR code under the “passes” section of the app. Is this QR to use one of my 10 days of travel? do I need both QR codes to board the train, or only the one from booking my reservation?

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 30 January 2024, 00:08

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You’ll need to show both onboard the train. The app is your ticket and the PDF is your reservation on top of that.

Hello, and thank you for the fast reply!

Just to confirm, once I turn on that journey on the app, that will then use 1 of my 10 travel days, is this correct?

also, my brother purchased the same pass as me. I was able to book his reservation at the same time as mine on the Eurail website, and so I have his reservation QR code. But he will also have to turn on a journey in the app (for the actual ticket) when boarding the train?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes when you flick on the switch/toggle a pass day will be counted (there is a warning). You can alter the journeys you make at any point (if you change your mind and wish to stop along the way, etc.) but you can't deactivate a travel day past midnight.

Your brother also needs to log the same journey on Rail Planner. This will give him the ticket yes