Solved

Won't let me book reservations when it says I need to? Badajoz - Madrid Puerta de Atocha

Hello! I’ve been having a hard time using both the Eurail website, as well as their mobile app. I am finally seeing trains schedules for my travel days this month, and many of my needed trains say “seat reservations required.” However, when I go to reserve seats, it won’t let me. It says I cannot book reservations online, and I can do it alternatively in person. I am worried about trains being fully booked, and being unable to travel to my destinations on time. Does anyone know if it’s risky to book the trains that say “seat reservations required” day of, and in person? Or, does anyone know a work around for how to actually book these seats in advance? 

Any advice is much appreciated, thank you!

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 4 June 2022, 10:42

View original

3 replies

To clarify, when I click on “how and when to book,” it says it cannot be reserved online, and can be bought in-person. But isn’t that a bit risky, if trains get booked up in advance as they say they do on the website?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There are several ways to make reservations. You can start by looking at this guide on how to make reservations.

If you still have questions after looking at the guide, you can write your travel plans in detail: departure date, time and route here and you will get advice here on how to make reservations from people in the community. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

To clarify, when I click on “how and when to book,” it says it cannot be reserved online, and can be bought in-person. But isn’t that a bit risky, if trains get booked up in advance as they say they do on the website?

I used that first train from Badajos a few years ago and it wasn't even half full. Can't comment on the second train.

Check this post on how to make reservations for Spanish trains.