Solved

Antwerp to Frankfurt

• 27 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hello, we will be travelling from Antwerp Central to Frankfurt… there is a change trains stop in Brussels Nord from an IC 4531 to an ICE 15, which is a 5 minutes change time.  I am wondering if 5 minutes is enough to get from one train to the other?  Like would they be on the same track or would we have to walk across the station?  Is there a way to find out where certain trains stop and start within each station? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by BrendanDB 28 July 2023, 13:21

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The change is doable in 5 min but I wouldn't risk missing the ICE, it's an important and infrequent connection. I'd recommend taking the same IC train 30 min earlier (leaving Antwerp at 09:25).

You should be able to find platform numbers on SNCB (Belgian Railways) app or website. bahn.com or DB Navigator app usually show them too but last minute changes can always happen.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

That connection is too tight. They have some problems finding staff for trains in Antwerp, which results in unpredictable delays and cancellations. Take a train a bit earlier.

Trains from Antwerp usually stop at the higher numbers (9-12), while the the ICE at the lower platform numbers (1-4).

By taking an earlier train you might be able to board in Zuid/Midi, which is always a bit more relaxed to board the ICE than No(o)rd, where the ICE just stops briefly and where there are no train composition indicators.