Skip to main content

Hello! I was doing Interrail last year and mostly took trains that did not need a seat reservation. And the trains were soooo full 😅

Now I am wondering, if somebody made experiences with that in trains that need a seat reservation? Like those in France?

Yes TGVs are very popular and can sell out days in advance, especially those heading south and to Germany. If you’d like to travel this summer, I wouldn’t wait long before booking. Have a look at this page : https://travel.b-europe.com/Eurail-GE/en/booking-tgv#TravelWish

Seat reservations : there’s a 10€ limited fare and then it costs 20€ until the train is sold out. They reduce flexibility (by a lot) but at least you know that you’ve got a seat.

Most French trains are crowded honestly as they don’t run often…

Thank you for the fast reply! I already got all my seat reservations, but nevertheless am wondering if the trains can get full if everyone needs a seat reservation. don’t want to sit on the floor because i can’t get through to my seat again honestly 😅😅😅

Okay then they will most certainly be full but you should be able to get to your seat. Boarding is always a slow process though : people need to go upstairs, etc.

You’ve paid for a seat, you’ll get it, don’t worry :)

As the TGVs have mandatory reservations, there will be no travellers without reservations, unless something extraordinary has happened.