Solved

Asking for recommendation

• 9 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone,

I have recently purchased a 10-days Eurail pass but I haven't decided my travel plans. This is the first time i am planning to travel solo and I have very little experience of European trains. I will most probably visit germany for 3 days from Belgium (Cologne, Heidelberg, Frankfurt) but I am not sure where should i go next from Frankfurt. Can you recommend me any other destination from there or train which i can cover in 3 to 4 days? Thanks

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 9 December 2023, 23:02

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Switzerland has a lot of scenic railways : Albula, Bernina, Glacier Express route (on hourly regional trains). Browse through this forum and the web for advice maybe. Austria isn't far away too. You could take the Vienna - Brussels night train back (book in advance).

In general I would recommend avoiding countries with mandatory reservations : Spain and France. Italy has mandatory reservations on Frecciarossa and IC trains but you can get last-minute ones easily.

The UK is a good option too as long as you can get Eurostar reservations. Although the weather won't be very good in winter ofc...