Skip to main content

Has anybody experience of the Konus travel card for free regional public transport around the Black Forest?

It seems if you are staying at many of the hotels/B&Bs in the Black Forest you get a free travel card for the duration of your stay.

https://bw.tourismusnetzwerk.info/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/KONUS-Flyer-PDF-Download_GB.pdf

Obviously not of value for continuous passes but for those on X days in Y months it could be an excellent added value.

Also there is a Bavaria daily ticket allowing unlimited travel (again only on regional trains) over a large area that is 24Euro for one plus 8 euro per extra passenger.

https://www.bahn.com/en/offers/regional/regional-day-ticket-for-bavaria

Any views welcomed.

There are several of such tourist tickets in Germany :)

It´s in my experience a great idea.

Yes, we used the Konuskarte during our B&B in the “Gutachtal”. We used to visit Seebrugg, Basel, Freiburg (several times). Indeed a great idea. However during the months June, July and August you can use regional trains (Nahverkehr) in the whole (!!!) country for €9 per month!!

Ja, yes, I was there some 3-4 yrs ago, with the ticket in mind. NOte that NOT all towns give it out-the site mentions where. NOT main centres like Freiburg or Offenburg. Yes in Hausach where you can admire the biggest cuckoo-clock in the world.

You have been informed about the 9€ ticket which covers all of DE and this gives much better value.

As wulf tells, many touristy regions in DE have such kind of tickets-sometimes for a very small fee. IC-hotels in main towns always give you a free ticket for local transportation-in the VRR=RHein Ruhr area it covers the whole Verbund. But having used them a few times I am not overly enthusiastic about IC-HTls.

In Swiss this way of treating honorable guests is even much more widespread-there even most YouthHostels do it-use the printed booking form on the way to-in DE you always first have to get the actual printed ticket from the placetostay=hence pay the way to reach it.

The BAYERN ticket is now 26 basic and also covers ALL local transit, but on mo-fr only from 9.00.

ALl Germans ´Länder´ have such tickets at slightly various prices-around 25€/1 p. Can buy all year round-in main summer often with various other freebees. But of course this yr the 9€ is far better value