Cheapest way to travel from Rotterdam, the netherlands to Sevilla Spain.

• 19 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Dear travelers,

I am trying to find out how I can travel from Rotterdam Central to Sevilla. I found several websites with explanations (for example: https://rail.cc/nl/trein/amsterdam-naar-sevilla#c1), however it is super expensive to buy them all apart from eachother. Now is it possible to buy a pass via https://www.interrail.eu/nl but I don't know when I am buying that pass if i can then travel or sure of the place in the train.

Can somebody please help me I like to go around 4/5 march till 9/10 march but I need to be back on 10 march in the morning or during the day because I have a wedding that day!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

With Interrail you have to pay ontop for reservations :/
The reservations from Paris to Barcelona are limited for Interrail :/

Maybe you book asap cheap advance fares (as these include the ticktet and reservation :)

Possible routes Rotterdam- Brussels - Marseille - Barcelona - Sevillia
or Rotterdam - Lille - Marseille

Within France and Spain you can use cheap traincomanies like Ouigo( France & Spain) and AVLO (Spain)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Cheapest is FLY-HV=Transavia, from AMS direct to SVL or sometimes even from RTM or EIN  to Malaga, then bus or train. I myself flew AMS- Malaga some 3 weeks ago and this cost me less as the supplmt on IR would have cost for just Par-Barca.

rail.cc does not exist anymore-it has merged with another forum and is now raildude.com. Mostly similar to this forum.

Note that even the very quickest/expensive way by train will cost you 2 full days of sitting in trains-with mouthcap on and in FR NO allowed even to eat or drink! In such a short timespan this makes no sense.

Going by train has indeed-sometimes-its advantage, but at short notice and for a very short stay it does have many limitations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

in FR NO allowed even to eat or drink!

That's already history.