COVID entry requirements from UK

• 16 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi

I am interrailing with my partner for 1 month in March, starting from the UK into France, then around 7 other countries before finishing in Switzerland. 
We are both triple vaccinated but are very worried about COVID entry requirements and testing. On the government website it says that multiple countries eg France, Italy, Switzerland etc need lateral flow tests prior to entering the country. 
Is this only from going from the UK directly to that country?
Is a test still needed if we have travelled between two countries within the Shengen/EU?

Does anyone have any recommendations of places to buy cheap lateral flow tests? 
Thank you in advance :) 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

For entry requirements, please check reopen.europa.eu and/or Sherpa (nationality is USA by default, change it to UK). Also take into account that requirements change often and with little notice (a few days max). Nobody knows what the requirements in March will be.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

SOme countries still require a test even from people have have been boostered already-as you come to their idea from a highly infected country. If you travel round it may also be relative to what countries you have visited before.

How it works for UK-citizens I dk, but you really MUST  have that QR-code that shows you have been vaccinated and boostered-either on fone or printed. F.e. in Italy its about impossible to enter a hotel/restrt or even all transport without it-over there they call it ´GReen Pass´ and in FR ´pass sanitaire´ but its all the same. From what I understand it is possible for you to get one , its not specific for EU, but for nearly all countries in EUR-even runaway brexiteers.