Solved

from Zermatt to Stuttgart

• 15 November 2022
  • 29 replies

Badge +1
  • Keeps calm and carries on
  • 13 replies

need some help

we need to travel from Zermatt to Stuttgart and the fares are really expensive, like Euro 270 for 2 adults and 2 kids aged 12 and 6. 

is there a cheaper way? maybe by buying a swiss pass? or 1 day pass? and if i buy a 1 day pas, i will have to pay for reservation since i have large luggage?

thks in advance

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 15 November 2022, 20:34

View original

29 replies

Badge +1

sorry mine selection is for 2 persons

is it cheaper to use the Baden Württemberg ticket as suggested by @mcadv, do you know?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

sorry mine selection is for 2 persons

is it cheaper to use the Baden Württemberg ticket as suggested by @mcadv, do you know?

In that case, do the calculations yourself. On the DB website, compare the price for Visp-Stuttgart to the price Visp-Singen plus 1 BW-Ticket for 2 persons (31€, the children travel for free).

Badge +1

Children under 16 travel for free in Switzerland with a Swiss Family Card.

https://www.myswitzerland.com/en-se/planning/transport-accommodation/tickets-public-transport/swiss-family-card/

Children under 15 travel for free in Germany.

When will you be travelling?

i am not sure but when i checked they said that swiss family card is not complimentary, but at a price

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

i am not sure but when i checked they said that swiss family card is not complimentary, but at a price

Apparently the information in English is wrong.  When I look at the text in German at SBB it says that the "Kinder- Mitfahrkarte" has a price of 30 CHF per child. 

Sorry for giving wrong information, but I thought that the texts in English that I read were correct.