Solved

Itinerary suggestions from Italy -> -> Austria -> Poland -> Czech Republic -> Hungary -> Italy

• 14 July 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello,

I am planning to do interrailing from Roma to Vienna, Vienna to Warsaw, Warsaw to Prague, Prague to Budapest and Budapest to Roma (Via Vienna).

I would like to know if there can be any better route planner for this above itinerary? 

Also, when I checked for Vienna to Warsaw night train, The DBB or Interrail is not showing any trails but Poland Railway website is showing a direct night train (no stops). Can I book the seat reservation from their website?

Thank you

icon

Best answer by mcadv 14 July 2022, 19:57

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes, swap-look at a decent map: Wien-Prahy-Waw-Bp.-then come back either again via Wien or via SLOvenija-Ljubljana. OR-if you want to make selfie in all countries: via SK-stop Bratislava or some other more interesting place.

OR change-if not want to visit Wien 2x: go on via DE, München-then Praha.

The overnite Wien-Waw certainly has various stops-it has to also swap cars with other trains. Best to check oebb.at if it can manage to book-but perhaps not (always best to use railway of the country train departs from-but there are a few exceptions). Direct does not mean no stops, it only means: you do not have to change.

Use a better planner-f.e. bahn.com-it covers all-and click on train nr and it will show all stops/whole route.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Yes, swap-look at a decent map: Wien-Prahy-Waw-Bp.-then come back either again via Wien or via SLOvenija-Ljubljana. OR-if you want to make selfie in all countries: via SK-stop Bratislava or some other more interesting place.

OR change-if not want to visit Wien 2x: go on via DE, München-then Praha.

The overnite Wien-Waw certainly has various stops-it has to also swap cars with other trains. Best to check oebb.at if it can manage to book-but perhaps not (always best to use railway of the country train departs from-but there are a few exceptions). Direct does not mean no stops, it only means: you do not have to change.

Use a better planner-f.e. bahn.com-it covers all-and click on train nr and it will show all stops/whole route.

Thank you so much for the Plan and I booked a seat reservation for night trains from Wien - Warsaw as I am meeting my friend and staying there for a day. I managed to book until Budapest and actually your Idea of visiting Slovenia -Ljubljana.

As I have only 7days Global pass in a month, maybe I will visit Slovenia -Ljubljana and then end the trip from there to Rome. 

Thank you so much.