seat reservation

• 22 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

I was trying to book a seat reservation throw the eurial app for the train from Paris to Amsterdam but I couldn't find any availability

then I went throw a website called b _ Europe and booked a seat reservation for a train belongs to thalys 

And sadly  I found our that I booked 15 May instead of 14 May 

15 minutes latee When I tried to edit the date it will coaste 264$ 

And in the euro app I couldn't cancel the trip they said that means that I used 1 travel day

And I really don't know what to do 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You can always cancel a pass day before the due date. 

If you've bought a regular ticket at 264€ (!) deactivate the pass day or get it refunded and we'll have a look at the many alternatives available

Here are some options :

- TGV Paris-Nord - Lille-Flandres 08:46 - 09:48 10€

- TER Lille-Flandres - Kortrijk 10:09 - 10:45

- IC Kortrijk - Antwerpen-Centraal 10:58 - 12:23

- IC Antwerpen-Centraal - Amsterdam Centraal 12:44 - 14:35

There are many other connections at 10€ via Lille. All trains from Lille run hourly reservation-free. You could also decide to stop in Gent or Antwerp for a few hours along the way :)

Badge

Badge

Thanks for your reply 

I had a 4 days eurial pass I just paid 75€ seat reservation for 2 people in the wrong date I tried to edit the reservation to the right day I found out it will coast me 264€ for the seat reservation 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes it's no problem to change the activation date.

What did you book at the moment ? I didn't quite understand

It is still possible to go to Amsterdam on 14th May, it only takes a bit more time but you'll be able to relax. For 10€ only ! See my post above

Edit : no it doesn't work that way. 264€ is the price for a regular ticket because seat reservations are sold out. They always are 32€ to Amsterdam. Check if you can get the one on 15th May refunded, it should be possible for a small fee. Then book a TGV to Lille on 14th May