Studying abroad in England

• 5 July 2022
  • 1 reply

Hello all,

My names Ben, I’ve lived in America all my life but this coming fall I’m studying abroad in Norwich, England. I really want to see as much of Europe as I can while I’m in England for 3 months and don’t really know the best way to do it. I think the Eurail pass would be a good option for me with the flexibility it will provide but have also read online it sometime can not be worth the price. I would love any advice if anyone has some! Thanks!

Al_G 1 year ago

It really depends on what you want to do, if you are going to do a lot of travelling (by train obviously) then a pass would probably be worth it, if you mainly just want to have a few weekends in European cities then you’d probably be better off flying (Stansted, London City and Heathrow would be the easiest to use from Norwich) and maybe using Eurostar for Paris or Amsterdam.

A pass, Eurail or Britrail may also be useful if you wish to travel to other parts of Britain while you are there, rail travel can be quite expensive there.

Figure out what you want to do/se/go to, how long you have to travel and then you will have a better starting point to see what travel arrangements you should make.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

It really depends on what you want to do, if you are going to do a lot of travelling (by train obviously) then a pass would probably be worth it, if you mainly just want to have a few weekends in European cities then you’d probably be better off flying (Stansted, London City and Heathrow would be the easiest to use from Norwich) and maybe using Eurostar for Paris or Amsterdam.

A pass, Eurail or Britrail may also be useful if you wish to travel to other parts of Britain while you are there, rail travel can be quite expensive there.

Figure out what you want to do/se/go to, how long you have to travel and then you will have a better starting point to see what travel arrangements you should make.