Solved

Train from Florence to Rome airport

Hi, I am coming to Italy on 18-April. 

Have to travel from Florence to Fiumicino airport. My flight is at 10pm. I have time from 10am in the morning at Florence. I thought of exploring Vatican city on the way. I want to drop my luggage in a station (may be Roma termini)  before I can explore the city and collect it later while going to airport. What is the cheap and best option to travel and explore the city?

icon

Best answer by seewulf 3 April 2023, 05:33

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If you have a Railpass it depends if you have a 1st class pass or a 2nd class pass 

If 1st class pass take a Highspeed train to Roma Termini :) Lock your luggage there explore the City and take in the Evening the “Leonardo Exprss” (Airport Express) 1st class only to the Airport :) 

If 2nd class pass i would take a High speed train till Roma Tiburtina (lock your luggage there) and take in the evening the regionaltrain 1st & 2nd class to the Airport. 

If you have no Railpass just look for the cheapeast fares you can get from Trenitalia or Italo to Rome and then buy on top a dayticket to explore Rome + travel with the regional train to the Airport :) 

YOURHi, I am coming to Italy on 18-April. 

Have to travel from Florence to Fiumicino airport. My flight is at 10pm. I have time from 10am in the morning at Florence. I thought of exploring Vatican city on the way. I want to drop my luggage in a station (may be Roma termini)  before I can explore the city and collect it later while going to airport. What is the cheap and best option to travel and explore the city?

Please check the website of TRENITALIA = www.trenitalia.com in english.  Your available time in Rome  is limited, I suggest to take a HIGH SPEED TRAIN - FRECCE  ( 47 minutes )  for es. Trenitalia at 10:14hrs to Roma-Tiburtina. From this station to the airport with Trenitalia. If you have no Railpass, check the price of the private high speed line of Italo = www.italo.com 

Hi, thanks for the reply. Roma-Tiburtina to Vatican city looks bit far. its showing 1 hour journey. Instead should I take train from Florence to Roma Termini and take a train from Termini to Cipro via subway as in below link? 

https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Roma-Termini/Vatican-City-Vatican#r/Subway/s/0

this will only takes 10 mins and also costs about 3 AUD as per the link. pls suggest.

also are the tickets likely to sold out for 18th? should I book tickets in advance? or can I wait and book it on the same day?