train network

I see I don’t have a lot of choices to go through Paris by train when using the global pass. I live in Swiss and I am going to spend a week in France. My question is which train is allowed me to get in? I don’t really know the train network in France.

Thank you 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can use any train to get to France. Whether you need to travel via Paris depends on where you start and what your destination is. If you'd like to avoid Paris, then let us know more about your plans, so people can suggest alternatives.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Additional: the direct TGV trains from Swiss into FRance cost an awful lot extra to pay in suppmt-and ALL TGV and IC In FRance must be REServed-cost is either 10 or 20€ for that. Local TER trains are free and cannot even be REServed.YOU can save a lot and also have more choice by taking local trains over border.

SBB can also do the REServ in many cases. And you could also have bought the [pass from them

Thank you for your reply but you got me wrong. From Swiss to France, it’s clear which train I have to take but it really confusing when traveling within France. Which’s train company is allowed, which is not? From the website I purchased the Pass I only saw SNCF, eurostar and Thalys 😰, that means I only get on this train ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Most trains in France are run by SNCF. You can't use Ouigo (OGV in most planners), the Frecciarossa between Paris and Lyon/Milan, Chemins de fer de la Corse and Chemins de fer de Provence.