Solved

Travel in home country

• 16 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Having just bought a pass for the first time, I tried to find a journey within my home country for the first day of my trip but it said no trains found.  There are loads of trains from my town to London where I want to pick up the Eurostar, found the latter no problem.  So why is it not showing trains to London, as I’m entitled to one journey in my home country at each end of the trip?  And would I be able to use the pass on a train on that route anyway?  Thanks for any help.

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 16 September 2023, 14:18

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You can take as many trains as you’d like in your own country on two of your pass days.

The app is quite strict about stations names, sometimes wrongly. Does hometown to London St Pancras work for you ? London St Pancras Intl doesn’t for some reason.

Thank you so much thibcabe, searching for just London instead of London St Pancras Intl worked!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You're welcome. I'd recommend booking the Eurostar well in advance (especially morning trains out of London) as it's a popular route and there's a passholder quota…

Do not hesitate for further questions, mentioning travel date.

Thank you again.  I’m struggling to reserve a seat on my chosen Eurostar journey on 5 Oct, any advice?  Thanks in advance

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I can see multiple trains to Lille and Brussels throughout the day but only afternoon/evening trains to Paris. If you'd like to leave early change to a TGV (10€ limited fare, then 20€) in Lille.

Check availability here (4€ fee per order compared to 2€ per person per train on interrail.eu) : https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish

If you give me the ideal departure time from London and your destination I could suggest an itinerary. :)