Traveling from Oslo to the UK. Help needed.

• 20 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi. 

I am currently in Norway and am intentending on going to the UK by the end of this week. I am from the UK and was wanting to get back using rail travel instead of flying. This is so i can see a few places and explore along the way. I’m thinking of getting the train from Oslo, through Sweden into Denmark and then onto Germany. I would like to then go through the Netherlands and/or Belgium before taking the Eurostar back to the UK. 

I was wondering on if this was feasible considering Corona restrictions. I have done research into it and am finding information not particularly clear for me to process.

To note I am fully vacinated and have not been outside of Norway in the last 2 weeks.

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated. :)

-Harry 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey Harry,

if you have are fully-vaccinated and spent the last two weeks in Norway, then there should not be any problems. Just have a proof with you that you didn’t stay in UK during that time.
I was travelling a lot since April this year and haven’t been checked any time about Corona stuff in Schengen area. Only when crossing from/to non-Schengen countries my Corona certificate was checked… So I would not worry and just make the trip! Way better than flying ;-)
Just check ahead if you need to register in the country you are entering or not… best to check with your foreign ministry website or the reopenEU-website.

Safe trip

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Please note, that there are no trains due to corona between Sweden and Norway at the moment.