Solved

using day day passes on sleeper trains

• 15 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi! 
So, we will be traveling to Zagreb from Bonn  on Friday and the next monday we well be returning and we have left 3 day passes. My partner  has a printed global pass that she bought in Cologne and I have the mobile global pass. 
My doubts are regarding the use of the 3 days left. 
So: 
Friday: Bonn-stuttgart on an ICE train and then Stuttgart -Zagreb on a sleep train that we already have a reservation for. 
First doubt: according to what I understand this will only take one day travel as we will be boarding the train on Stuttgart on Friday, the same day we parted from Bonn. Am i correct?

On monday we will take the sleeper train from Zagreb to Stuttgart so we will be arriving on Tuesday and then we will take an ICE train to Bonn. 
Second doubt: this will take our two final days of traveling as there will be the trip from Zagreb and the next day the trip to Bonn. Am i correct? 
Thanks!!

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 15 November 2023, 10:32

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes the departure day counts so you'll need one day to get to Zagreb and 2 days to get back to Bonn.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Departure time of your train counts.

So Bonn-Stuttgart and Stuttgart-Zagreb will only use one travel day - Friday.

The return journey will use two travel days, because you have trains departing on on Monday and Tuesday.