Skip to main content

Hello All.  I am wondering if someone can advise when the 2025 Timetable (from 15th December 2024) will be issued and bookings will be available for Swiss trains.

I am holidaying in December and wish to book Bernina Express reservations but timetables are not available past 14th December.  The SBB and Rhaetian Railwat websites indicate that consultation on the new timetable completed in June but I can’t find anywhere that says when the new timetable will be issued and when we can book post mid December. 

Hello

Exact informations about the start of the reservations after a change of the timetable are generally not available. I founded however this information:

Note on the booking start for the 2024/25 season:

Seats for the Glacier Express season 2024/25 (travel date from 14.12.2024) can be booked from mid-October at the earliest.

The consultation in June is only a legal obligation and not indicates that the timetables are definitive. Minor changes are possible later.

There's absolutely no need to make reservations for the Berninaexpress. With a reservation you will sitt in the crowded coaches where the windows can't be opened and you will get reflections in your pictures.

You better either use the less crowded reservation free coaches that are attached to the Berninaexpress train, where the windows in many cases can be opened, or use the reservation free regional train that run on the same route as the Berninaexpress. 

Sorry, I confused the Glacier Express with the Bernina Express, but I don't think the booking deadlines are different.

Cars without mandatory reservations in the Bernina Express are always at the front of the train in direction of travel.

The timetable can be found here: https://www.tp-info.ch/fr (select Projet 2025). It will be released at some point in October on the SBB app.

But as everyone said simply travel in the reservation-free carriages for a better experience. You'll save money too.