Solved

5 Day Gobal Eurail Pass and ferry

• 7 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Confusion here: I read FREE ferry deck passage off the EURail benefits portal and booked a reservation

https://benefitsportal.eurail.com/benefits/attica-group-greece-italy-superfast-ferries-in-cooperation-with-anek-lines/

Global Pass holders are entitled to:

International Lines:

Free air seats or dormitories (where available) for 1st class Pass holders and free deck passage  for 2nd class Pass holders

Domestic Lines:

30% discount on economy class:
*The 30% discount is applicable only if holders have already completed a crossing in the Adriatic Sea routes with SUPERFAST FERRIES & ANEK LINE

I booked a superfast ferry without believing it would use 1 of my 5 travel days. Nationality and type of pass were corrected(I’m not GB nor Interrail) after the reservation had been created by Superfast.

It says I used a discount so if this was an interrail pass I allegedly wouldn’t use a travel day. However, it’s a Global EURail pass. No response from EURail and Superfast is unable to help.

Ideas? 

icon

Best answer by Al_G 8 September 2023, 03:26

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Interrail and Eurail terms are generally interchangeable so if applies to one it will apply to the other.

Additional benefits only require a valid pass to be held not a travel day activated. While this usually is just for discounts it appears that it also applies to the free passage on the Attica group international routes as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Additional benefits only require a valid pass to be held not a travel day activated. While this usually is just for discounts it appears that it also applies to the free passage on the Attica group international routes as well.

The Attica group ferries between Italy and Greece are not free with a global pass, although the operator sometimes claims they are. Only with a 6-day Greek Islands pass they are really free.