Solved

Bologna to Brenner not included in Italy pass?

• 16 July 2023
  • 9 replies

Hello,

is the train from Bologna to Brenner not included in the Italy pass?

icon

Best answer by Mukhammad 17 July 2023, 16:30

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Maybe not the DB-ÖBB EC from/to Munich? @rvdborgt do you know more?

But all other trains on the same route like regio express (RV - Regionale Veloce) Bologna-Brennero of Trenitalia are included.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It's the first time I see this. It doesn't show in my app. It is not mentioned on the Italy page or in the network guide in the app. I'd be inclined to say this is either incorrect or very, very recent, but then it can't apply if it is not mentioned anywhere on the website.

It's the first time I see this. It doesn't show in my app. It is not mentioned on the Italy page or in the network guide in the app. I'd be inclined to say this is either incorrect or very, very recent, but then it can't apply if it is not mentioned anywhere on the website.

Thanks for the answer! So think we just go by this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Mukhammad @Camilo. Do you have any idea where this message comes from? It's rather strange that because it isn't mentioned anywhere else than in some(?) apps.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@rvdborgt @Vinzi @Angelo

That is the EC Italy-Switzerland. The OCP Italy holders unfortunately can't board on that train, as per information on the rail network guides in the App.

@rvdborgt @Vinzi @Angelo

That is the EC Italy-Switzerland. The OCP Italy holders unfortunately can't board on that train, as per information on the rail network guides in the App.

Alright, thx!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Mukhammad Could this information be synchronised with the Italy pages on interrail.eu/eurail.com?

In addition, I notice that the network guide says that a reservation is mandatory for the EC Italy-Switzerland. That is incorrect. A supplement is required, but a reservation is optional.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Eurocity to Switzerland and Germany via Switzerland have compulsory reservations in Italy.

Eurocity to Munich via Austria or RJ to Austria have optional reservations, but a compulsory fee.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@rvdborgt The information about trains with supplements can be found on https://www.interrail.eu/en/plan-your-trip/reservations/trains-with-additional-supplements and on https://www.eurail.com/en/plan-your-trip/about-reservations/trains-with-additional-supplements.

But I'll let the relevant team know if the detailed information about the routes, as shown on the travel info, needs to be added on the Italy pages.