Skip to main content
Solved

Caledonian Sleeper no option to add manually

• 6 May 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello, 

As suggested by experts, for Caledonian sleeper journey from Edinburgh to London Euston, we have to add the journey manually with time as 00.40 CET, But I don't see any option to add manually now.

Also, I can see 2 trains journey by Rail planner starting at 23.40, which one to add and how to add? Are both Caledonian sleeper?

1) Edinburgh (23.40) -->(00.11) Carstairs (00.20) -->(6.40)Watford (6.53)-->(7.09)London Euston

2.)Edinburgh (23.40) -->(00.11) Carstairs (00.20) -->(7.15)London Euston

And below screenshot showing no option to add manually, add to journey redirects to planner page.

TIA

On the first page you linked with the search results, scroll down.

On the first page you linked with the search results, scroll down.

Thanks for quick response. I am interested in Caledonian Sleeper which starts at Edinburgh on 17/05 at 23.40 (17/05) and ends at London Euston at 7.15 (18/05). When adding it manually, I understand i need to add start date and time in CET. Do i need to add end time also as per CET. Am i doing it correctly? 

TIA

Timetables are always in local time. However, a travel day starts at 0:00 CET/CEST (= 23:00 in the UK), BUT the rail planner app does not adhere to the pass conditions of use and uses local time to determine which travel day you need. This has been a known issue for a few years now and unfortunately, no solution is in sight. The workaround is to enter a train manually with a departure time after midnight local time.

@Mukhammad @Camilo. any update on how the app deals with the start and end of a travel day?

HI @rvdborgt 

We have forwarded this to the App team, but no answer yet. I will push it tomorrow in our weekly meeting and let you guys know.