Solved

Croatia via lake bled

• 21 March 2024
  • 9 replies

Hi All,

we are planning a trip to Pula via Lake Bled from London. There seems to be a lot of change overs and much longer journeys than I thought according to Train 61!

Any advice for quicker, more direct journeys?

icon

Best answer by Hektor 21 March 2024, 16:54

View original

9 replies

At the moment, I can only find a journey to Munich changing at Stuttgart as well. Then if I search Munich to Bled I would have to change twice - Salzburg and Villach.

I’m not planning sleeper trains as I don’t think they’re covered by Interail Global Pass, and I kind wanted the least clunky, changey journey as taking a ten and thirteen year old!

In general night trains are covered but you need to pay a supplement. There's a direct night train from Stuttgart to Lesce-Bled. (But the station nearest to the lake is Bled Jezero; depends on where you'd like to go concretely).

Paris to Salzburg can also be done by night train. 

London directly to Bled is a too long journey. A night train may be a good idea. Or a break in between. 

At the moment, I can only find a journey to Munich changing at Stuttgart as well. Then if I search Munich to Bled I would have to change twice - Salzburg and Villach.

I’m not planning sleeper trains as I don’t think they’re covered by Interail Global Pass, and I kind wanted the least clunky, changey journey as taking a ten and thirteen year old!

Can be done in 4 changes, no less : London - Paris - Vienna - Ljubljana - Rakitovec - Pula

It's also possible with 3 changes. 😉

How ? You cannot reach Ljubljana from London in 1 change

I've just seen that your "4" doesn't show your itinerary that has 5 changes mentioned; I thought you did count correctly. 😉 But I didn’t either. 😂 It's one change less (that's what I did mean) so it's indeed 4 but one less than shown in the itinerary. 😀 But what would be your itinerary with four changes as this one shown has 5?

But that doesn’t matter anyway if the OP wants to go via Lake Bled.

Userlevel 2

Can be done in 4 changes, no less : London - Paris - Vienna - Ljubljana - Rakitovec - Pula

It's also possible with 3 changes. 😉

How ? You cannot reach Ljubljana from London in 1 change

It's also possible with 3 changes. 😉 If time doesn't matter...

Sort of early August.

I thought I would have to go London - Paris- Munich-Ljubljana-Rakitovec- Pula

That's correct if you'd like to go via Lake Bled. 

Sort of early August.

I thought I would have to go London - Paris- Munich-Ljubljana-Rakitovec- Pula

Userlevel 2

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What travel date do you have in mind?