Solved

Details about Eurail pass and validity

• 24 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi friend

I have visiting Europe in March. I will be visiting Switzerland (5nights) , Italy (6 nights), France (4 nights) and Netherlands (1 nights). I have purchased EURAIL global pass for 15 days for self, wife and kid (11years). I want to know, is this pass valid for all these countries. I mean say, I will be traveling between Zurich to Bern & also Florence, Italy to Rome, Italy and Venice. Finally to Paris and Amsterdam. Want to know will be my pass valid for all travels? Understand I need to purchase Seat Reservation extra. But will my main travel be covered under one pass. will my pass be valid for all countries. 

Your comments/ suggestion/ guidance will help me.

Regards

Ajay 

icon

Best answer by ralderton 24 January 2024, 10:18

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes it’s valid in all those countries. It’s not valid on a few private operators, such as Ouigo in France, or Italo in Italy, but the vast majority of trains are covered.

This guide will help you with reservations, and which trains you can use: https://www.seat61.com/interrail-and-eurail-reservations.htm

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

In Switzerland you don't need any reservations unless you want to travel with the tourist trains on the scenic routes. There are regional trains on the scenic routes that are fully included in Eurail and less crowded than the tourist trains.