Solved

Eurail Global Pass question

• 21 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Wanted to see if a global pass would include these to/from places or would I need to book these separately (if not included in pass):

Glasgow to Invergordon

Edinburgh to Aberdeen

Aberdeen to Morpeth (want to stop there to visit a relative and then continue from

Morpeth to London

icon

Best answer by ralderton 21 January 2024, 16:24

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, all trains in the UK are included - with the exception of city transport (tube etc) and Heathrow Express.

Uk is great for a railpass, because tickets are usually expensive, and because there’s no need to pay reservation fees.

You could also consider a Britrail Pass, and just purchasing tickets.

-

You can check times and prices on lner.co.uk, to see what ticket prices are like, and compare that with a pass. Don’t search too fast ahead - the cheapest tickets usually go on sale about 12 weeks before departure.

Thanks ralderton - I tried to plug in some of those places in the Planner but it didn’t seem to recognize them (Invergordon and Morpeth). I’ll be taking the train through Scotland, England and a bit in Ireland and hence thought the Global Pass the best.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

They all show up for me on the Trip Planner. 

Yes I think a pass might work well for you, it just depends how much travel you will do in total. It lets you be flexible too. You don’t have to commit to any train in advance.

But it’s worth benchmarking ticket prices by looking at the LNER website (For England & Scotland) irishrail.ie (Republic of Ireland), and translink.co.uk (Northern Ireland).

Thanks to both of you or the information. Will check those websites as it gets closer and compare prices again to a Global Pass. Appreciate it!