Solved

Ferry Discount Not Working? Helsinki to Travemünde

• 28 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello all

I was wondering if someone could help me please

I am trying to book a ferry from Helsinki to Travemünde and according to the Eurail website, I can get a 50% discount, however when I use the code is says it is valid on this route

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thank you so much for your help in advance

icon

Best answer by Hektor 28 April 2024, 20:49

View original

4 replies

Hello all

I was wondering if someone could help me please

I am trying to book a ferry from Helsinki to Travemünde and according to the Eurail website, I can get a 50% discount, however when I use the code is says it is valid on this route

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thank you so much for your help in advance

I assume it says it is not valid?

You do get 50% just for the standard fare. I assume you did select a special fare (selected by default).

And: You do get a reduction just for the passenger fare (which is the cheapest part), not for accomodation etc.

You do get the same discount as with your raillpass when using the discount code “FLASH”. This one is also valid when selecting the special fare.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This route is very expensive, even with the small passholder discount. It’s mainly aimed for trucks.

I’d suggest taking a Stockholm - Turku/Helsinki ferry (Viking Line and others): those are a lot cheaper.

Yes, sorry I meant not valid - typed too quickly! 

It only comes up with one option which includes the cabin, so I guess the discount won't work anyway? 🤷🏽‍♀️

I think I might have to rethink my trip 😖

Yes, sorry I meant not valid - typed too quickly! 

It only comes up with one option which includes the cabin, so I guess the discount won't work anyway? 🤷🏽‍♀️

I think I might have to rethink my trip 😖

The discount is applied to the passenger fare part of the bill. You may check this when trying without the discount. So the discount does work but it doesn’t save that much money.