Solved

Help reserving tickets Lyon-Brussels

• 17 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi, I want to reserve a ticket from LYON PART DIEU (France) to BRUXELLES-MIDI (Belgium) with SNCF Voyages for May 5th. It’s giving me the error “Prices unavailable”. You recommend usin RAilEurope websiote but my train doesn’t appear there, plus they seem to ask me for the money anyway. I have also checked the official SNCG page but they don’t allow me to reserve for Interrail, just buy tickets. How am I supposed to reserve?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 17 April 2024, 08:01

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The direct TGVs are fully booked. Only the last one has a few seats left in 1st class, but nothing for pass holders.

Rail Europe suggests a few journeys with a change in Paris or Marne-la-Vallée.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You recommend usin RAilEurope websiote but my train doesn’t appear there, plus they seem to ask me for the money anyway.

Reservations cost money.

Thanks! How could I check if a train is fully booked? I need to do it for other trips.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Thanks! How could I check if a train is fully booked? I need to do it for other trips.

Speaking for myself, I usually check on the website of the train operator. In this case SNCF connect.

When do you leave on May the 5th, where do you come from that day? Do you start in Brussels or do you have other journeys before? There are some alternatives via Lille, cutting down on reservation cost and trains have a lot more availability from Lille.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Rail Europe won't show trains that are fully booked; it will show trains where pass holder seats have been booked but where regular tickets can still be booked but will then show the regular (much higher) price.

For trains in France and als TGVs from/to France, you can check on the SNCF website. It will show "complet” for trains that are fully booked.

For other trains, it depends on the train.