How many train can I take with a flexible Interrail Pass?

• 11 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello,

Yesterday I recieved the Email from DiscoverEU, that I won a Interrail Travel Pass, I decided for the Flexible Travel Pass.

I haven’t understand one thing: With the flexible Travel Pass from Discover EU, how many train can I take during the 7 days where I can travel? On the website is written about 273.50€, but I dont know if this means that I can take as much trains for free, if I do not spend more than 273.50€. If I want to take ten trains for example, do I have to pay only the seat reservations if necessary with my money?

Does this 273.50€ refeer to the maximum value of money that I can spend on train tickets?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

With a DiscoverEU flexi pass you can travel with many trains as you like on 7 travel days. A travel day is from 00.00 to 23.59 CET. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Seat reservations must be paid separately (unless you’re part of the trial with free reservations). Have a look at https://www.seat61.com/interrail-and-eurail-reservations.htm → it’s generally cheaper to make them through Rail Europe or the railway companies directly.

Do not hesitate to ask if you have issues, it can be complicated. Some popular routes also need to be booked earlier than others...