Solved

How to use the last 3 days with in- and outbound used already?

• 29 February 2024
  • 4 replies

We bought a 10-days (paper)pass for february and march, but the trip didn’t went as planned, due to the strikes in France. Instead of travelling back in 4 days to Denmark (we had a deadline because of work) from Spain via France and Germany we flew to Berlin and took the train home from there. So now we have 3 days left, but used our in- and outbound travel already.

Any suggestions how we can use the last 3 travelling days, without spending a fortune for getting out and in to DK to use the pass in neighbouring countries? If I’m not mistaken, there is no way to get a refund or change of passes. Though it would be really nice, if we could use the rest of the days in DK or at least in and out DK included.

Thank you in advance.

icon

Best answer by Camilo. 4 March 2024, 10:29

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Unfortunately you can't use the pass within Denmark once you have used your outbound/inbound travel days.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

To travel by train, you need extra tickets to/from the border tariff point, or to the first station abroad, whichever is cheaper. Depending on where you live, you could also use a ferry to go abroad. Some ferries have a pass discount and you don't need an active travel day to use that.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Napstissimus 

If you had issues because of delays and cancellations, I invite you to contact customer service support. I am sure they will be happy to look into your case and find some solutions for your remaining days of travel. 

To contact them, follow this link: https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Have a nice day!

Thank you for your responses. We are now in touch with the Eurorails helpdesk.