Skip to main content
Solved

Intercity 670 rail works

• 15 February 2024
  • 3 replies

I have received an email from Tentialia that I think is telling me the trip I booked from Monterosso, Italy, has been changed because of rail works. It seems to be unclear and suggests that I can call them to reschedule or ask for a refund.

I am staying in Florence until 18/4 and then I was planning on taking an early train to Pisa, spending a few hours there, then continuing to Monterosso for the night. I have not made any reservations for that trip. Then on the next day I have booked a trip from Monterosso to Milan.

Does anyone know where the best place for me to get more information on what changes I need to make to my plans? I need to work out whether this trip is still going to be possible, or do I need to make major changes.

It would have been a good idea to tell us what the email from Trenitalia is exactly saying and what you did book.

When checking IC 670 for April 19th, it's scheduled to run at 12.52 from Monterosso and to arrive at 15.53 in Milano Centrale. It's also possible to book it with Trenitalia direct for this date. 

This train is running 3 minutes earlier from Monterosso then originally scheduled (has been 12.55 before). I think this is the only change. Check your booking; if it says 12.55, you'll know for sure. If this is true: Just arrive 3 minutes earlier at the station. I assume there's nothing else to do.

It's possible to check timetables at https://www.trenitalia.com/.

Hi Hektor,

I looked at the timetables too and it didn’t seem to reflect anything odd but I don’t know how to interpret the email. The way I read it through Google translate is that the change is serious enough for them to offer a refund or want me to call and change the reservation. I don’t know how long it takes for changes to be reflected on the web site so I tried chatting with the Trenitalia web site but that just told me to install the xMove app to find the latest details. An app that is made by a Chinese company with 3.2 stars on the Google store and lots of critical comments doesn’t inspire confidence in what’s happening in Italy so I thought I would check based on local knowledge of users in this forum.

La informiamo che, per lavori di potenziamento infrastrutturale sulla Linea Pisa-Civitavecchia, il treno Intercity 670 da Lei prenotato, dal 18 marzo al 24 aprile 2024, anticipa gli orari nelle stazioni di: 

Livorno Centrale (p.11.14) – Pisa C.Le (11.29/32) - Viareggio (11.48/50) - Massa Centro (12.00/02) - Carrara Avenza (12.07/09) - La Spezia C.Le (12.32/34) - Monterosso (12.50/52) - Levanto (12.58/13.00).

Per riprogrammare il viaggio può rivolgersi direttamente al personale di Customer Care in stazione e alle biglietterie oppure contattare il call center al numero 06 3000 opzione 0 (attivo tutti i giorni 24h su 24h).

Rimborso: qualora decida di rinunciare al viaggio può richiedere il rimborso integrale del biglietto, dal momento in cui si verifica l’evento e fino a un anno dalla data dello stesso, presso le biglietterie di Trenitalia, chiamando il Call Center al numero 06 3000 opzione 3 (attivo tutti i giorni 24h su 24h) o compilando la richiesta online alla seguente pagina internet:

http://reclami-e-suggerimenti.trenitalia.com/rimborsi/Default.aspx,

previa attestazione della rinuncia al viaggio, fornita nel momento in cui si è verificato l’impedimento al viaggio, da parte del personale Trenitalia o chiamando il Call Center al numero 06 3000 opzione 3 (attivo tutti i giorni 24h su 24h).

Hi Hektor,

I looked at the timetables too and it didn’t seem to reflect anything odd but I don’t know how to interpret the email. The way I read it through Google translate is that the change is serious enough for them to offer a refund or want me to call and change the reservation. I don’t know how long it takes for changes to be reflected on the web site so I tried chatting with the Trenitalia web site but that just told me to install the xMove app to find the latest details. An app that is made by a Chinese company with 3.2 stars on the Google store and lots of critical comments doesn’t inspire confidence in what’s happening in Italy so I thought I would check based on local knowledge of users in this forum.

La informiamo che, per lavori di potenziamento infrastrutturale sulla Linea Pisa-Civitavecchia, il treno Intercity 670 da Lei prenotato, dal 18 marzo al 24 aprile 2024, anticipa gli orari nelle stazioni di: 

Livorno Centrale (p.11.14) – Pisa C.Le (11.29/32) - Viareggio (11.48/50) - Massa Centro (12.00/02) - Carrara Avenza (12.07/09) - La Spezia C.Le (12.32/34) - Monterosso (12.50/52) - Levanto (12.58/13.00).

Per riprogrammare il viaggio può rivolgersi direttamente al personale di Customer Care in stazione e alle biglietterie oppure contattare il call center al numero 06 3000 opzione 0 (attivo tutti i giorni 24h su 24h).

Rimborso: qualora decida di rinunciare al viaggio può richiedere il rimborso integrale del biglietto, dal momento in cui si verifica l’evento e fino a un anno dalla data dello stesso, presso le biglietterie di Trenitalia, chiamando il Call Center al numero 06 3000 opzione 3 (attivo tutti i giorni 24h su 24h) o compilando la richiesta online alla seguente pagina internet:

http://reclami-e-suggerimenti.trenitalia.com/rimborsi/Default.aspx,

previa attestazione della rinuncia al viaggio, fornita nel momento in cui si è verificato l’impedimento al viaggio, da parte del personale Trenitalia o chiamando il Call Center al numero 06 3000 opzione 3 (attivo tutti i giorni 24h su 24h).