Solved

Lorraine TGV to Luxembourg

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • Keeps calm and carries on
  • 13 replies

Help please

I will have a Eurail Global pass.

This bus trip is shown on the Rail Planner app; there is no mention of the trip needing a reservation or a ticket purchase.

Do I need either or both?

If I do need to either buy a ticket or make a reservation, please advise me on where I can get either/both.

Thanks 

icon

Best answer by Hektor 28 May 2024, 15:34

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

It’s very difficult to help if we don’t have details.

Please provide dates, travel hours and times, and if possible a screenshot.

Help please

I will have a Eurail Global pass.

This bus trip is shown on the Rail Planner app; there is no mention of the trip needing a reservation or a ticket purchase.

Do I need either or both?

If I do need to either buy a ticket or make a reservation, please advise me on where I can get either/both.

Thanks 

In the german version of the app all connections are shown as "reservation mandatory".

And indeed this bus does have a mandatory reservation (it's just a minibus). It needs to be done at least two and a half hour before departure.

I don't know if there's a real reduction for passholder. At other CFL services you do in fact pay the normal price but I don't know for sure for this one (because it's the most expensive one). You'd need to ask at the station. 

The normal price (that does include the mandatory reservation) is 21 € and can be done online: https://www.cfl.lu/fr-fr/ticket/internationaldetail/gare-lorraine

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks Hektor

The ‘english language’ version of the app also now says ‘seat reservation required’ with N/A shown as the reservation cost.

Maybe the easiest thing to do is to try & reserve seats using the app which I will do as soon as I purchase the Eurail pass.

Thank you for your response, it is appreciated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The app cannot book anything, it only redirects you to other websites such as eurail.com and others.

I’m 99% sure that the “reservation fare” is the same one as the ticket fare (21€). This is the same on the Luxembourg - Saarbrücken service as Hektor said.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks thibcabe

I do understand that the app only redirects. What I should have said is that I will use the link Hektor provided.

Mea culpa    😣