Skip to main content
Solved

My train was cancelled (Nightjet) and I am going by bus, can I be refund ?

• 13 July 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello,

My OBB nightjet train was cancelled and I am now going from Paris to Vienna by bus. Can I get a refund for the bus which is more expensive?

Also, since it was the first train of my trip which is today, can I cancel my first day of global pass? The app says that I can't because the train is today but there are no more trains. I could use this day in Poland to visit the Salt mine and Auschwitz.

Thanks for your help.

ÖBB will refund you the Nightjet reservation for sure. They should pay you the bus journey but it'll likely be a battle with their customer service (feel free to contact Interrail too).

An active pass day cannot be cancelled: that's why we recommend to activate it at the last-minute, right before boarding. Interrail doesn't have to give you back the unused pass day but they might do so as a commercial gesture. Follow this link: https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

It's been 1 month since I made a refund request. I did it again 2 weeks ago but still no response. Is there anything I can do to get a refund? I don't know if they are ignoring me on purpose but it's starting to get annoying.

ÖBB? Try again. I don't think they're avoiding it on purpose but they're rather understaffed.

Did you receive a confirmation email or something when you wrote to them? There might be contact details.

Fortunately I haven't needed to deal with Nightjet cancellations (yet).

If Interrail, they've should answered a long time ago.

Yes, I was talking about OBB, Interrail responded quickly.

I received a confirmation email but it doesn't contain any contact details. It says “if you´re entitled to a refund according to European passenger rights, you will receive a reply respectively a confirmation in any case.