Skip to main content
Solved

night train for the last day of travel

• 5 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Good morning,I have just purchased a 7-day global pass for a month for the first time and I have a quick question. We planned the following trip:

Paris → Wien (3 August : day of travel)

Wien → Praha (4 August : day of travel)

Praha → Krakow (7 August : day of travel)

krakow → Bratislava (8 August : day of travel)

Bratislava → Budapest (8 August)

Budapest → Ljubljana (10 August : day of travel)

Ljubljana → Lesce Bled (11 August : day of travel)

Lesce bled → Wien (12 August : day of travel)

Wien → Paris   (12 August)

in total, we have 7 days of travel, are we allowed to return with a night train? (knowing that our pass is valid for the entire month of August)

What is an outbound or inbound journey? (interrail.eu) this link seems to say no, however it is possible to enter the last train on the application.

sorry for my poor english (I’m french) and thank you in advance for your answers.

Regards, 

Roméo 

Yes you can do that as it's before the end of the pass validity.

Don't forget to book night trains in advance, they're really popular. Couchettes are recommended over seats. :)

Seat reservations are also recommended on all your journeys.

Have a look at this general guide : https://www.seat61.com/interrail-and-eurail-reservations.htm

Btw a ticket for Ljubljana - Lesce-Bled costs 5€ so you could save the pass day if you wish.

Je peux aussi répondre en français si jamais.

Thx for your answer and your advice @thibcabe !

I will Book the night train in advance, for the Ljubljana -> Lesce Bled i know but I travel with my friends and they dont have more vacation day for our trip so it is difficult to arrange the destinations differently and Bled look realy nice ! 

Have a good day

Roméo