Skip to main content
Solved

nightjet from zurich to utrecht - bicycles spaces

• 13 June 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi!

Has anyone managed to reserve bike spaces on the IC that follows the NJ from Switzerland to the Netherlands?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Should work at a SBB ticket counter.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Can also be done online on tickets.oebb.at. You'll have to book your bike separately from couchette or sleeper, since the bike spaces are in the IC and couchettes/sleepers in the NJ. Also, don’t complete one booking at a time, because you first want to know if there's availability for both. So first add both bookings to your basket and only then complete them.

I have tried many times both the options you suggest (SBB and OBB) and none have worked, they keep sending me from one to the other. The last information I got was that it’s NS who treats the bike spaces (it appears the IC is theirs)…

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Sorry, I made a mistake. You can book the bicycle on bahn.com. Again, don't complete the booking until you know can also book a couchette/sleeper/seat via ÖBB.

On bahn.com, you need to replace the passenger with a bike (or multiple bikes). Also, book a ticket for the complete journey you will make that day (if possible), not just for the night train, so you don't need to buy additional bike tickets.

Sorry, I made a mistake. You can book the bicycle on bahn.com. Again, don't complete the booking until you know can also book a couchette/sleeper/seat via ÖBB.

On bahn.com, you need to replace the passenger with a bike (or multiple bikes). Also, book a ticket for the complete journey you will make that day (if possible), not just for the night train, so you don't need to buy additional bike tickets.

I got them!!!! Thank you soooooo much!!!!