Solved

No trains due to repairwork in Bulgaria?

• 28 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Following an advice in another topic I started to look for my route from Timosoara (Romania) to Sofia (Bulgaria) on 22 July. But the website of Bulgarian Railways BDZ gives no trains crossing the border at Vidin nor at Ruse. I tried all small stations in between, also Sofia Sever, hoping I could get on a bus from there, but to no avail. To be clear: I checked the time tables for domestic trains, not the ticketing part, because I know tickets can be bought starting 2 months before the travel date. The time tables gives options upto 8 June, so just 6 weeks in advance, after that ‘no trains found'. Am I too impatient?

Yes, I know there are repairworks ongoing (there's an article about it on this website: https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/articles/18362820269469-Construction-works-at-Sofia-Central-Bulgaria-till-Aug-2025 ), but when I check on the BDZ website for international travel, they do give time tables from Bucharest (border Ruse) and Craiova (border Vidin). 

Probably I'm looking at it the wrong way, so anyone more experienced in international train travel who can give me some advice?

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 28 April 2024, 14:36

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The summer timetable starts on 9th June and times have probably not been published yet. They should remain similar.