Solved

Order of booking in Greek Islands Ferry 4 day pass

• 11 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello all,

I'm planning a trip to the Greek Islands and I have a questions regarding the booking order.

I understand that the first booked must be the first leg to match the activation date and the first day used as a travel day.

However, in my case, I want to book from Athens to Paros on the 20th, and then from Ios to Athens on the 30th. Those are the only 2 routes I am sure I want to book via the 4 day ferry pass as of right now. And that would be fine, but what I don't know if I can do is: can I, on the 23th (for example) being in Paros, book a new route for the 24th to go to another island? Or would i only be able to book routes that chronologically occur after the second booked one (already returning from Ios to Athens)?

From reading other questions I see i need to add journeys for each travel day, but the website really doesn't tell whether one can add a journey between two days that were already planned in the mobile pass. 

Perhaps a solution would be to book all tickets as I decide where to go, and just add the journey for the travel day one day in advance? Would that solve it? 

Thanks in advance if anyone can answer my questions! Much appreciated 😊 

icon

Best answer by Mukhammad 18 July 2023, 12:31

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There is no need to activate a mobile pass before you travel. You can insert new travel days though in between 2 other travel days that have already been activated. But activating anything in advance is generally not a good idea.

I'm not sure if you still need to book the ferries in chronological order. That requirement has been deleted from the page about the Greek Islands passes. It is still in the Greek Islands pass brochure, but that brochure is still from last year (2022 edition).

@Mukhammad @Camilo. Has the chronological booking requirement for the Greek ferries been dropped again?

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

There is no need to activate a mobile pass before you travel. You can insert new travel days though in between 2 other travel days that have already been activated. But activating anything in advance is generally not a good idea.

I'm not sure if you still need to book the ferries in chronological order. That requirement has been deleted from the page about the Greek Islands passes. It is still in the Greek Islands pass brochure, but that brochure is still from last year (2022 edition).

@Mukhammad @Camilo. Has the chronological booking requirement for the Greek ferries been dropped again?

@rvdborgt @t.litvin I'm reporting this to the relevant team if the chronological order for Greek Islands Passes still applies. Thanks for letting us know about it! :)

Hi all!

I just got a reply from a eurail employee confirming that all ferries must be booked in order, due to the agreements they have with the partner ferry company. 

So the best thing is to have all the trip mapped out, then book them in chronological order and it should be good! Won't work for me this time, unfortunately, but hopefully this info can help other people!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@t.litvin @rvdborgt 

Hi everyone! The relevant team has confirmed that Greek island reservations with ferry companies no longer have to be booked in chronological order. The website has been updated and the PDF should be updated soon too. 

Have a nice day!