Solved

Reserving a Seat: what does N/A mean?

• 1 March 2024
  • 4 replies

I want to reserve seats for a few trains, but in the Rail Planner App there stands N/A (I am using the App with German localization, so it might be different for you, but I will provide a screenshot.

Screenshot of the Rail Planner App showing a trip with N/A as the value at the Reservation.

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 1 March 2024, 13:52

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It means that the app doesn't know the price. Don't rely on it for planning. Use DB Navigator app and this link for reservations : https://www.seat61.com/interrail-and-eurail-reservations.htm

The Eurostar to Paris costs 32€ and the TGV to Barcelona 35€. The former has a passholder quota too so you're lucky that there are still seats left (it's outside peak season fortunately).

It means that the app doesn't know the price. Don't rely on it for planning. Use DB Navigator app and this link for reservations : https://www.seat61.com/interrail-and-eurail-reservations.htm

The Eurostar to Paris costs 32€ and the TGV to Barcelona 35€.

That helped a lot, thank you very much! I was able to book the reservations.

The former has a passholder quota too so you're lucky that there are still seats left (it's outside peak season fortunately).

Next time I will book the ticket earlier.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Just for clarification, in case you were asking what the letters meant - it’s generally an abbreviation of “not applicable”, as in “there is no applicable ticket or fare that you can buy”

In this case and based on the comment from thibcabe, it is probably intended to mean “not available”.  Subtle difference, but same outcome - they can’t or won’t sell it to you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

In this case and based on the comment from thibcabe, it is probably intended to mean “not available”.  Subtle difference, but same outcome - they can’t or won’t sell it to you.

I’m not sure if there's any relation with the ability to sell the reservation. It just means that the price is not available in the online database the app uses.

I tend to ignore any prices in the app anyway, there are way too many errors.