Solved

sj night train family trip

• 25 April 2024
  • 6 replies

• Keeps calm and carries on
  • 10 replies

Hello

We are a family of 4 travelling between Hamburg and Stockholm and next Stockholm to Narvick.

I wanted to privatize a compartment but it's 4 times more expensive than taking 4 berth.... Do you know if there's a way to do it without it being too expensive?

Do you recommend the Snalltaget for the Hamburg Stockholm trip?

icon

Best answer by Hektor 25 April 2024, 21:41

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

SJ Euronight has 2 beds in the sleeper compartment so the 4 of you can book 2 compartment. The price with Interrail/Eurail is 830 SEK per person. Reservations have to be made at sj.se.

The domestic night train to Narvik has 3 beds in the sleeper compartments.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

In fact I would like to privatize a 6 berth cabin for the 4 of us. I read that we could take 2 extra children's tickets to do this. Do you think this is possible? We are 2 adults and 2 teenagers aged 14 and 17.

Thanks for your help

Not with SJ as you need a valid Interrail/Eurail pass for every traveller. With Snälltåget you can book a private couchette for the 4 of you.

In fact I would like to privatize a 6 berth cabin for the 4 of us. I read that we could take 2 extra children's tickets to do this. Do you think this is possible? We are 2 adults and 2 teenagers aged 14 and 17.

Thanks for your help

As written before: Snälltåget has just couchette carriages. If you do like a real sleeper, then the SJ EN is your only option.

But then you shouldn't get such a price difference. But it may differ by booking date and options left. For concrete recommendations you should tell age and gender of your travel group and concrete dates.

Thanks for your answer. Yes I look for sleeper compartments... So better to take the snalltaget ?

Unfortunately it's not that easy to understand what you are exactly trying to book. Sleeper? Couchette? 

E.g. for the Hamburg to Stockholm SJ EN train: You can't book a private couchette compartment with a railpass. So the price shown for this is the normal price. That's why it is 4 times the price. For single beds in a couchette you do get a cheap price for passholder.

It's different if you did look for sleeper compartments. 

Snälltåget has just couchettes. It's possible to book a private compartment with them if you are holding a railpass (1.999 SEK).