Skip to main content

Hi, 

Trying to find out how to actually book a sleeper train from Basel to Berlin. Is it as simple as using the reservations app on this site (i don’t have access yet as have not bought ticket).

Amy 

Thanks! I was looking and could not find how you do that!

I will just hop on board the train :)

Do you know what I do about using the pass on my outwood bound journey. I know I can use this on many connections but there is no option to put this into an online ticket.

Wakefield to London and then London to brussells. Do I just show the conductor the interrail ticket ? 

You can travel in your country of residence on 2 of your travel days. So if you do Wakefield-London-Brussels on 1 day (and similar for the return), then that's possible.

Your pass is your ticket and as such is enough to travel. You can book a reservation for Wakefield to London if you want; it is optional. It is also free of charge, at any ticket office in GB or online via GWR:

Do you know what I do about using the pass on my outwood bound journey. I know I can use this on many connections but there is no option to put this into an online ticket.

Wakefield to London and then London to brussells. Do I just show the conductor the interrail ticket ? 

I put 2 interral passes for myself and the 6 year old :)

Right, that's a return Eurostar reservation for 2 persons. With booking fee, that should be €124.

they all say 60 euros for every single reservation 

Ah okay, It says it’s 128 euros in August still loads cheaper than flight, which is coming out at £1200 return!

I hope €128 is for the night train and not for Eurostar since that would be too much.

what is AFAIK ?

https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/definition/english/afaik

Ah okay, It says it’s 128 euros in August still loads cheaper than flight, which is coming out at £1200 return!

what is AFAIK ?

Yes you only need to buy 2 seat reservations : 2 x 30€. The 2 year old can sit on your lap, reservation not needed AFAIK.

Sorry - one more question, so check on the  eurostar !

I will have the family pass so do I click 1 interrail pass for me (the adult) and then 6 year old, with the 2 year just sitting with me ?

Finally, 

Then you have found the one and only correct link ! :)

Yes, the basel to Berlin was meant to say brussels ! Gosh auto correct!

Thank you !

European Sleeper runs the Brussels - Berlin route. Were you looking at this route ? If that's the case my bad.

Btw if you're taking the Eurostar please book it well in advance as it has a limited quota for passholders (30€ seat reservation). Check here : https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish

As a good alternative there's the daytime or overnight ferry from Harwich to Hoek van Holland near Rotterdam.

Ah okay ! So i just need to go through it bit by bit 

I have found another site 

https://www.europeansleeper.eu/en/booking/search?departureStation=8800104&arrivalStation=8010100&departureDate=2023-08-09&returnDate=2023-08-21&passengerTypes=44&passengerTypes=44&bicycleCount=0 which looks promising :)

I can find some availability so hopefully you'll find something ! I'd book a sleeper compartment so you're all together and not sharing.

Ah okay !

August 4th onwards for travelling until september 2nd - flexible between that whole period!

I’ve managed to get somewhere with the site you sent me! Thanks, I’ll keep looking :)

What is your travel date please ? Otherwise we can't really help. Most of the summer is already sold out.

I’ve tried this and simply doesn’t show anything for me. I will be using the family pass with 2 kids. 1 free as under 3 and then a 6 year old. Do I click 1 pass? I would need a bed for the 6 yr old.. 

really hard to find the info out ..

You can use interrail.eu but there's a 2€ booking fee per person per train as usual.

Best use nightjet.com or tickets.oebb.at (add Interrail as a discount).

Night trains are very popular so book well in advance