Solved

tips for east europe

• 2 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Hiii,

Me and my friend, both 18 years old, are planning to do our first trip together this summer. We want to go in september for two weeks and since we are students we´re on a low budget so we´re thinking of going to east Europe. Maybe Vienna, Budapest, etc. We would be leaving from antwerp.

If anyone has any tips or destination ideas, please let us know because we are looking forward to a new adventure but a little inexperienced. :)

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 3 May 2024, 00:20

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Vienna isn't cheap. Budapest might be a bit cheaper and September is after peak peak season…

The Interrail Global Pass will be good value from Antwerp to Vienna/Budapest but not really further. Tickets are very cheap (way cheaper than a pass day!) and with a pass you have to get seat reservations at the station while tickets are easily available online.

In short I might get a short pass to cross Germany/Austria but you should also compare DB advance prices.

If your dates are set in advance* you could do Antwerp/Brussels - Vienna for 60-70€.

*at first you'd be tied to a train but as soon as a tiny timetable change happens (extremely likely) you'll be able to take any train towards your destination: Zugbindung aufgehoben.