Skip to main content

Train from Budapest to Ljubljana

• 9 February 2024
  • 8 replies

Hi,

I seem to have a question every week!

Looking at the next part of my interail journey I was planning on getting 9am train from Budapest to Ljubljana on Thursday 1st August, so I can then continue same day with bus/ train to Bled.

l am looking on OBB and the 9am Budapest-Deli train says ticket not available. There is 9.40 from Budapest Keleti so assume I will have to get this one. Is it because of construction work ( as stated for 03.10  train, or might the ticket become available at a later date?

Many thanks for any info offered 😊

You are too early for August timetables in most countries. Check back in a few weeks.

The 9am train from Deli should be running. I see it on DB Navigator app (German railways) which is a reliable planner.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.

That is good news and reassuring. I shall get the DB Navigator app 😊

You can depart from Ljubljana at either 17:15 or 10:49 via train to Lesce Bled: 

or

Thank you so much for the information. 
When I do reserve a seat for train from Budapest to Ljubljana, is it best to do this on OBB website as before? 

I meant reserve seats on train ☺️

You can find more information about seat reservation up to 180 days in advance here: https://www.oebb.at/en/reiseplanung-services/vor-ihrer-reise/reservierung-sitzplatz

When I do reserve a seat for train from Budapest to Ljubljana, is it best to do this on OBB website as before?

It should work on the ÖBB website and the ČD website (cd.cz). Price is €3 in both cases. A few days in advance is normally enough; it should be possible 2 or 3 months in advance.

Thank you very much 😊